Hi everyone! It has been a slow week as far as work goes; however, we did get to travel this weekend. We are always getting recommendations to visit La Fortuna, and we were finally able to book a trip. We booked an Airbnb and one tour, but other than that we are just feeling out the weekend. Monday is a Costa Rican holiday, so we decided to plan our trip while we had a long weekend. La Fortuna/ Arenal are constantly being recommended to us so we were really excited about getting to explore the place.

The excursion/ tour that we had planned was a full day tour of Arenal. We booked a comprehensive tour that included a hike to see an amazing view of Arenal, a wildlife hike, a hike to Arenal Waterfall, and included lunch, a butterfly garden and a final destination of a resort with various hot springs for us to try. All of our tours were led by Franklin, the sweetest tour guide ever! We learned so much about the history of Arenal as well as the science surrounding the wildlife in the area. We got to see amazing views of Arenal and surrounding areas.

It was a full day of exploring, so it was exhausting but I am so glad we did it. I had so much fun, and needed an eventful trip. This week has been very slow for work, with little to no new work for me and my coworker to do. We are waiting for materials to get shipped so that we can complete characterization of a process. Hopefully next week will be more exciting in terms of work, but I’m sure it will be more laid back for the weekend given it is our last full weekend here.