Hello from…several locations! This week has been a week of travel for Meditek and I am absolutely exhausted. We’ve been to Siquirres, Puerto Viejo, Siquirres again, Turriabla, and back to San Jose. Here is the weekly digest:

Last weekend the girls and I decided to back out of the sunrise hike and to have our own adventure closer to the hostel. So on Sunday, we went to Hacienda La Chimba in Santa Ana for a nice 9 km hike. It was the perfect amount of difficulty on a beautiful weather day, with several photo ops along the way (which I’ll include down below).

Mano del Mantra!

Buds on the trail!

For the work week, Santiago and I went with our coworkers to several locations. On Tuesday, we went to Siquirres to deliver some medical device parts to their hospital, which was super quick. We spent the night there, and on Wednesday made the drive to Puerto Viejo, a top-rated beach town in Costa Rica. There, we worked on a surgical bed and a blood-pressure monitor. After work, we went to the new-ish Saranda Boutique Hotel to take a nice dip in their pool. For dinner, we went to a Caribbean restaurant where I had a good plate of chicken in Caribbean sauce. Thursday, we drove back to Siquirres to just hang out at the hotel, and today we went to Turriabla. There, our coworker did a presentation on the new GE anesthesia machine (Carestation 650) to the engineering staff at the hospital. This is a newer, more compact anesthesia machine that seems a lot easier to do maintenance on. Of COURSE we had to take a group pic after spending the past 2 weeks together working, which I’ll also include down below :).

Refreshing Saranda pool

Why does my hat look like that… anyway, the Meditek gang!

This weekend, the GMI crew is headed to La Fortuna to visit the famous Arenal Volcano. We’re going to be doing some hiking to see waterfalls, the volcano, and to swim in a thermal spring! I’m sure I’ll have lots of photos to share of our trip in the next blog, so stay tuned for that. Hasta luego!