How do I apply to the Global Medical Innovation program?
- You may apply online at bioegradapps.rice.edu.
What is the deadline for applying?
- For fall 2018 admission, January 15, 2018 is the deadline for first round consideration. We will not be opening a second round this year.
I’d like to ask some questions before I apply to the program. May I speak with a faculty member before applying?
- Yes, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My GRE scores (GPA) is ____. Do I have a good chance of being offered admission?
- Due to the number of factors that go into the final selection of candidates, it is not possible to determine an applicant’s likelihood of being accepted into the program prior to the selection committee’s thorough evaluation of his/her application.
If accepted into the MBE-GMI program, can that acceptance be transferred to the PhD program?
- No, the two programs are separate. If you are interested in the PhD program, you will need to apply to that program separately and adhere to that program’s timeline and application guidelines.
Is there an opportunity to visit the Rice Bioengineering Department prior to applying?
- GMI offers a visit day in the spring for candidates to whom an admissions offer has been extended. However, you may also visit the department or Rice on your own. To schedule a visit with the GMI program, please email your request to email@example.com. To visit Rice, go to visit.rice.edu.
Is an interview required as part of the application process?
- Yes, the GMI application process requires a phone, Skype, and/or in-person interview with members of the selection committee.
If accepted into the GMI program, may I take classes part-time?
- Due to the specific requirements of the program, all GMI students must take classes on a full-time basis.
I graduate in December. May I start the GMI program in the spring?
- No, the GMI program is a cohort model and only admits students in the fall.
Is financial assistance available?
- There are several options for financing your Rice graduate school education. Please visit https://engrprofmasters.rice.edu/tuition for more information. Additional options can also be discussed with our Office of Financial Aid: https://financialaid.rice.edu.