So this was a bit of a slower week for me, since I am dealing with catching up on my Japanese course because my teacher took a couple of weeks leave for medical reason (She’s having a baby!); I also had to deal with Rice Apartments, Rice Engineering Masters Program and the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) all giving me courses to get through before my arrival at Houston (so much to do!).

Sarah sadly spent the first half of the week sick so she couldn’t join me in our internship work, thankfully by Wednesday she was feeling better. I know this is one of the circumstances that come up when traveling abroad.

At HNN we got to accompany Dr. Bogantes for some visits to in-patients at the hospital, and we got to see some procedures like EEG Sleep studies on a two month old and a 4 month old baby, and epilepsy tests done with the same equipment. Sarah and I are working on focusing on just one project and our current runner up seems to be an improved version of a Transcranial Doppler helmet since the current version isn’t used to due terrible patient comfort and unreliable transducer alignment. Here’s a photo of the helmet present at HNN:

Anyways, things just keep happening and time keeps on moving, here’s to hoping for good things to come!